At the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, you’ll be in a friendly, supportive environment where you’ll get personalized attention. And, since Pitt-Bradford is a regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh, you’ll earn the prestigious Pitt degree, which is respected worldwide.
Need even more reasons to consider Pitt-Bradford? Here are 10 more, in no particular order.
Your Professors Will Rock
1. Your professors will get to know you and will help you succeed. That means they’ll stay after class if you need extra help, may work with you to conduct research, write a letter of recommendation for you, help you get a great internship, or even help you get your first job.
Your Pitt Degree Will Take You Beyond
2. Ninety-four percent of graduates are employed, in graduate school, or both, within six months of graduation. (See the Pitt-Bradford ad featuring Clayton Johnson, who is a uniformed division officer with the U.S. Secret Service assigned to The White House.)
Show Me the Money
3. Pitt-Bradford offers both need- and merit-based financial aid. Nearly all students — 98.9 percent — who apply for aid receive it.
Inclusive and Safe Campus
4. You’ll fit right in on campus, where people are friendly, supportive and welcoming.
So Many Majors
5. You can choose from more than 40 majors, including biology, criminal justice, nursing, psychology, broadcast communications, education and computer information systems and technology
No Sticker Shock
6. After applying all of your financial aid, you’ll be surprised how affordable a Pitt education is. The average financial aid package in 2018–19 for a Pennsylvania student is $19,903 and for an out-of-state student is $26,076.
Learn by Doing
7. You’ll learn by doing on campus and off. On campus, conduct research with your professor, care for “patients” in a simulated nursing lab, solve mock crimes in CSI House, hone your counseling skills in the psychology suite, or create radio or TV commercials in all-digital television and radio facilities. Off campus, you can get a great internship. Pitt-Bradford students have interned at Google, the Heinz History Center and Heinz Field, Walt Disney World, the FBI, the BBC and BET networks, and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. You also can study in another country. Pitt-Bradford students have studied in Thailand, Tanzania, Peru, Jordan, Italy, Greece, Costa Rica, Denmark and Cuba.
8. All residence halls are spacious, comfy and furnished. You won’t be stuck in a cramped dorm room.
Lots To Do
9. You’ll have many athletic, recreational and cultural activities to choose from. For example, you can play baseball, soccer, basketball or wrestle; explore caves, ride horses, go white-water rafting or ski; or enjoy a play, concert, art exhibition or lecture by a visiting author. There also are more than 60 student clubs and organizations from which to choose. You’ll discover that there is always something going on.
Even Prettier in Person
10. You can “visit” right now by checking out the virtual tour at tour.pittbradford.org. But remember, the campus is even prettier in person. Now, why not visit in person? You’ll like what you see. Give a call at 1-800-872-1787, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a visit online at upb.pitt.edu/visit.
In the meantime, get social with Pitt-Bradford. Check the University out on Facebook at PittBradford, Twitter @PittBradford and Instagram at upittbradford.