Go further. Reach higher. Seize the life you want and the career you deserve at St. Joseph’s College on Long Island. With a century of successful alumni now working at thriving school districts, businesses, hospitals and start-ups, St. Joseph’s College (SJC) is ready to help you reach your full potential.
Built on tradition, SJC is strengthened by its willingness to innovate — and commitment to keeping costs down and standards high. Tuition rates are among the lowest of private colleges in the area, so you can earn a degree of value at a low cost. In fact, Washington Monthly ranks St. Joseph’s the #9 “Best Bang for the Buck” college in the Northeast.
No wonder SJC Long Island is attracting — and keeping — more students than ever:
• new undergraduate enrollment has increased 27 percent in the last year alone.
• highest graduation rate of any public or private institution on Long Island.
Innovative Programs Give You the Competitive Edge
While SJC’s award-winning education stays true to its values, the College continues to add programs that prepare graduates to shape the future and inspire the next generation. Developed in conjunction with top industry leaders, these innovative academic programs include:
• Accounting, where you will prepare to enter one of the most promising fields and complete a valuable internship at an outstanding firm to gain the knowledge and skills required of today’s accountants.
• Psychology, which offers immersive educational experiences, research opportunities and a unique specialty track in the in-demand field of industrial-organizational psychology.
• Child Study, the only elementary education program on Long Island that prepares you for New York State teaching certification in four areas within one department.
• Accelerated, five-year dual degrees that now include a BS/MBA in Human Resources and BS in Human Resources/MS in Management with a concentration in human resources management, as well as a Secondary Education BA or BS/Special Education MA, BA or BS/MA in Mathematics Education and BA in Psychology with a Specialty Track in Industrial-Organizational Psychology/Executive MBA.
An Education That’s Personal—and Experiential
At SJC Long Island, your classes will be led by a faculty of industry leaders in an open, supportive atmosphere. SJC keeps classes small — the average student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1 — so you’ll get to know your professors and they’ll get to know you.
Outside the classroom, the lakeside campus in Patchogue is home to a full slate of student clubs, campus organizations and athletics, as well as the Clare Rose Playhouse and Callahan Library. The College’s NCAA Division III teams — which have won the Skyline Conference Presidents Cup six times — practice and compete at the John A. Danzi Athletic Center and a 24.8-acre outdoor field complex. SJC Long Island will further add to its rich campus life when it opens a new residence hall.
SJC Long Island facilitates internship opportunities that introduce you to the workforce and provide the hands-on, real-world experience you need to succeed. SJC students have interned in politicians’ offices, at top companies such as Disney, Chanel, Major League Baseball, Brooklyn Navy Yard, Viacom/MTV and at leading accounting firms including Grant Thornton LLP.
SJC students also participate in an ever-expanding number of service learning experiences. In 2017, the College sponsored trips to Washington, D.C. and Oklahoma, as well as Nicaragua, where students work with community stakeholders.
Through a dynamic study-abroad program, there’s ample opportunity to explore other global destinations — from Italy and Ireland to Bermuda, Cuba and beyond — with short- and long-term trips that provide cross-cultural experiences beyond the classroom.
Opportunity Will Knock and You’ll Be Ready to Answer
SJC graduates leave campus with the combination of classroom instruction and professional experiences that’s highly regarded in today’s job market. Every graduate is part of a family of more than 33,000 alumni, who help provide networking opportunities and tangible jobs. You’ll also have access to a lifetime of career services to make sure you stay in the know and keep your abilities honed.
SJC Long Island: They’re Ready When You Are
Are you ready to find out how good you really are? SJC is ready, too. See for yourself: Attend its Undergraduate Open House on October 29. Explore the campus while discovering the benefits of a St. Joseph’s College education. Learn more about the admissions process, receive financial aid guidance and hear about SJC student life and activities. Take the first step to achieving everything you’ve ever wanted: Visit sjcny.edu/liopenhouse or call 877-959-4229 for details and to RSVP.