Walk around Felician’s two campuses in Rutherford and Lodi, New Jersey, or talk to students, and you will feel the energy and excitement at the University. You’ll see students walk by on their way to a class in criminal justice or rushing off to an internship in New York City. Or you might hear the crowd cheering from the gym as they support the men’s and women’s NCAA Division II sports teams. The Education Commons serves as a busy campus hub, with high-tech classrooms, Library, Nursing Resource and Simulation Center, and huddle rooms for group study.
You will also sense a commitment to you that is deeply rooted in Felician’s Catholic Franciscan spirit, which embodies the University’s love of learning, commitment to service and respect for all creation. Diversity is central to student learning at Felician University. You will find a comfortable and inclusive setting where you will become prepared for an increasingly complex and diverse society. Felician is ready to help you achieve your goals — 100 percent of its accepted first-year students receive some type of scholarship or grant award! Don’t rule out a private school education before exploring all the available sources of funding.
Teacher, Nurse, Network Security Analyst or Entrepreneur — There's a Major for You!
What are you going to study? Choose from a broad selection of majors, minors and concentrations in art, science, business, nursing and education. If you are looking for something on the cutting edge, you might consider Felician’s newest majors in emerging areas such as business analytics (Big Data), cybersecurity, exercise sports science, criminal justice with a forensics certificate, or a five-year combined BS/MBA degree in business.
Felician’s curriculum and internship programs make regular use of the possibilities presented by its close proximity to New York City — the Rutherford campus is only 10 miles west of Midtown. World-class museums, a vibrant art world, and a global hub for business serve as an extension of your classroom. Recent internship sites include KPMG, New York Red Bulls, and the U.S. Secret Service.
Motivated, high-achieving students can enrich their college experience through the Honors Program and earn the distinction of graduating as an Honors Scholar. As a member of the Honors Program you will conduct your own independent research and study alongside other top academic students in a high-impact learning environment.
Your Field of Study in Action
Field experiences are a key part of many of the University’s academic programs. You will make connections between the knowledge learned in the classroom and how that knowledge is applied in the real world.
• Education majors will complete six field internships before student teaching — that’s 360 hours in real classrooms. You will experience teaching in your freshman year so you can decide if teaching is the right career path for you.
• Felician’s state-of-the-art Nursing Resource and Simulation Center provides a realistic health care environment where nursing students perform various medical procedures using technological manikins.
• Senior nursing students choose a clinical area of specialization and spend one day a week working a 13-hour shift under the supervision of an RN clinical preceptor in a hospital.
Become a Standout — Develop into a Leader
Felician’s professors are dedicated to your success. With industry experience and advanced degrees, they use their real-world experience to help you develop leadership qualities and push you in new directions.
• Nursing and education students’ pass rates for their licensing exams are well above the national average.
• Felician University continues to have one of the highest numbers of student-nurse members in the New Jersey Nursing Students Inc (NJNS), a pre-professional organization representing the nursing students of New Jersey.
• Because of its rare designation as a Non-Governmental Organization, Felician students in the United Nations Fellows Program have the unique opportunity to attend U.N. conferences and meet politicians, diplomats and ambassadors from around the world.
Get Involved in Campus Life!
Felician offers more than 100 student events throughout the school year — midnight meals, hypnotist shows, bingo (with amazing prizes), cookouts, and trips to Broadway shows, Red Bulls soccer games and Dorney Park, to name a few! There are two residence halls located on the Rutherford campus, featuring double and suite-style rooms.
The best way to experience The Felician Way is to visit campus. Student-guided tours depart from the historic Castle on the Rutherford campus and are offered year-round, Monday through Friday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (except during school holidays). To set up a tour or learn more, contact the admissions office at (201) 355-1465, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit felician.edu/visit.