Since its founding in 1850, Hiram College has become one of the nation’s most respected liberal arts institutions. Nestled in between Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown, Ohio, Hiram College is home for people with curious minds and passionate spirits. Hiram has a legacy of alumni who have used their education to leave a mark on history, and the College continues to innovate with programs like Tech and Trek, an Apple mobile technology program and the first of its kind among Ohio colleges. As a result, an experience at Hiram is unlike anything else, and each student’s experience is unique.
Wherever your path takes you, a Hiram education ensures you’ll have the opportunity to discover your calling. At Hiram College, your course of study is integrated with high-impact experiences and mindful technology, resulting in an unparalleled educational journey. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to develop the 21st-century skill set and mindset that employers seek. Hiram’s unique approach to education attracts students from throughout the United States and 20 foreign countries.
• Choose from a broad range of majors and minors to pursue your interests, passions and goals.
• Make connections with other students outside the classroom by participating in one of dozens of co-curricular activities, including 15 Division III athletics and Cheer and STUNT teams.
•Experience the 12+3 Hiram Plan, a unique semester experience designed to prepare you for real-world learning. Here, you’ll take a traditional course load of three or four courses for 12 weeks, followed by a single, intensive course or hands-on learning experience for the final three weeks of each semester.
• Broaden your viewpoints by participating in internships, study abroad, and faculty-guided research opportunities through Hiram Connect, including exchange program opportunities to Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya in Israel; John Cabot University in Rome, Italy; Bogazici University and Istanbul Aydin University in Istanbul, Turkey; and Kanda University and Kansai Gaidai University in Japan.
Enjoy more personalized academic attention in smaller classes and develop faculty relationships that will last a lifetime.
• Gain valuable lessons about environmental sustainability and an appreciation of the outdoors at Hiram’s 550-acre James H. Barrow Biological Field Station, located just three miles from campus, and Northwoods Field Station, located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
• Kickstart your academic pathway with Hiram’s direct-admittance nursing program and partnerships with local medical schools for other health-related careers.
• Capture, connect and reflect on life-changing ideas, feelings, images, and questions using your iPad Pro as part of Tech and Trek, the mobile technology program that led Hiram to receive recognition as an Apple Distinguished School for 2019–2022.
Concerned about affordability? Hiram College is taking steps to make its educational experience more accessible through a new tuition model that will reduce the published tuition and mandatory fees by 35 percent, enabling you to learn more, earn more, and spend less!
The model reduces Hiram’s current list price of $37,710 for tuition and mandatory fees to $24,500. In addition, you will have the option to take up to two free summer courses each year, allowing for the acceleration or deceleration of studies during the academic year.
You will also have access to dozens of paid internships, allowing you to earn the experiential credits you need to graduate and the cash you need to help pay for college expenses throughout the year.
Hiram College has been ranked nationally and regionally for affordability and excellence in the liberal arts. The College is one of only 10 percent of colleges nationwide with a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest and most prestigious undergraduate honor society in the U.S.
In addition, Hiram ranks among the best regional colleges by U.S. News & World Report, fourth among the top baccalaureate colleges in the nation by Washington Monthly, among the best colleges in the Midwest by The Princeton Review, and as one of America’s Top Colleges by Forbes. Hiram is also recognized as a College of Distinction by national college rating guide Colleges of Distinction for its high-impact education practices, highly engaged students, quality education, vibrant community and successful outcomes.
With a Hiram degree, you won’t be just like everyone else. You’ll become a person who can answer tough questions, solve complex problems, and communicate your thoughts and ideas. You’ll excel in your chosen field of study and possess the broad skills you need to make a mark on the world.