top of page

Find Your Future at Waynesburg University

Waynesburg University

Waynesburg University, a private Christian university in southwestern Pennsylvania, provides a valuable, personal and hands-on educational experience that prepares undergraduate and graduate students for lives of purpose.

Academics

Waynesburg offers more than 70 major concentrations and four integrated bachelor’s-to-master’s programs in business, counseling, criminal investigation and education, as well as several affiliation agreements with regional medical and law schools. These agreements afford increased opportunities for acceptance into advanced professional degree programs.

Beginning freshman year, hands-on learning opportunities abound. You might find yourself analyzing crime scene blood spatter in the Forensic Science Lab, leading a local youth group, writing for the award-winning student newspaper or participating in a variety of other experiential learning opportunities applicable to your major.

Students are prepared for the real world by experiencing it. Sometimes required and always encouraged, internships are an important component of academic development. Recent international and domestic internships include Bosch, the Cleveland Clinic, CNN, the Department of Energy and Walt Disney World.

Faith

As a proud member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), Waynesburg helps students develop academically and professionally on the foundation of faith. Faith is an integral part of the University’s mission and is reinforced in the classroom.

You may choose to practice your faith every Tuesday at Chapel, in your classes, in a prayer or Bible study group, through your artwork, while serving others or in your own individual way. You will also have opportunities to discuss theory and application of faith as it relates to your future profession.

Waynesburg University encourages you to build relationships within its Christian community. Through the spiritual opportunities and programs offered, Waynesburg University will provide everything you need to establish, explore and cultivate a relationship with Christ.

Service

While guiding students in the development of specific skills and talents, Waynesburg also provides opportunities to apply and sharpen them through service. In fact, students, faculty and staff spend 50,000 hours each year working to improve the lives of others.

Whichever major you choose, you will have service opportunities that fit your skill set and interests. Opportunities include service learning courses and trips, the Bonner Program, student organizations that focus on serving others and your own personal service initiatives.

Affordability

More than 90 percent of students receive some form of financial aid each year, and tuition, room and board is more than $11,500 below the national average for a private, non-profit, four-year college. Between Achievement Awards and additional scholarships; federal, state and institutional grants; a number of work study opportunities; and student and/or parent education loans, Waynesburg University is quite affordable.

Outcomes

Nationally ranked as a top school for educational value by The Economist, the Brookings Institution, CollegeNet and Christian Universities Online, the University offers an outcome-driven education in more than 70 undergraduate major concentrations.

The University’s Career Services Center works to ensure the successful transition from college to a career for each student. The Center assists with everything from résumé composition to interviewing skills and offers job and internship fairs, one-on-one career coaching, mock interviews and employer networking opportunities.

Ninety-eight percent of 2015 graduates reported working full-time or attending graduate school within one year of graduation.

Visit & Apply Today

Take your first steps toward your future at Waynesburg University. Schedule a visit at www.waynesburg.edu/visit and apply online at www.waynesburg.edu/apply.

Call 1-800-225-7393; visit WAYNESBURG.EDU, contact the admissions office at admissions@waynesburg.edu or visit the campus at 51 West College Street, Waynesburg, PA 15370.

bottom of page