top of page

Mount Aloysius College: Accessible, Accommodating, Affordable

Mount Aloysius College

Over 150 years young, Mount Aloysius College was founded in 1853, but its learning environment is laser new. Mount Aloysius is a comprehensive, liberal arts and science–based college offering bachelor’s, master’s and select associate degrees. Mount Aloysius is committed to helping students become job-ready, technology-ready and community-ready.

Affordable

U.S. News & World Report listed Mount Aloysius College among the top five percent of the Most Affordable Private Colleges in the North. Many MAC students hail from proud families of modest means. A full 97 percent of MAC students receive some form of financial aid.

Accessible

Most MAC students live within three hours of the College. Located in Cresson, Penn., Mount Aloysius is directly off of Route 22 — close to Pittsburgh, Johnstown, Altoona, and University Park. MAC is an easy drive from Northeastern and Northwestern Pennsylvania and the Philadelphia/Wilmington, Delaware corridor.

Awesome

Mount Aloysius College was named one of 100 Best Value College’s in the US. It is also a College of Distinction, a Pennsylvania College of Distinction and three separate academic areas of — Business, Education and Nursing — have also earned the College of Distinction status. Mount Aloysius was named one of four colleges deemed “an engine of opportunity” in a White House Report. The Nursing Division is ranked sixth in Pennsylvania for NCLEX pass rates among nursing programs that test more than 85 students annually. Aloysius College is a safe, warm, inviting, and inclusive learning environment.

Excellent Company

MAC is one of 17 prestigious Mercy-sponsored colleges in the United States.

Academic Programs

More than 70 academic programs and concentrations are offered on the undergraduate and graduate levels in health sciences and nursing, humanities, education, social sciences, natural and applied sciences, business administration, and pre-professional study.

• Forensic Accounting —Think CSI: This forensic accounting concentration, offered for both accounting and criminology majors, has been designed with input from the IRS Criminal Investigation Unit. IRS agents come to campus to conduct mock criminal investigations with students.

• Sign Language Interpreter: Mount Aloysius College is one of only 12 programs in the United States accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Interpreter Education, (CCIE). American Sign Language (ASL) uses visual cues, such as the position, shape and movement of hands, body and face, to form words. Students in MAC’s sign language/interpreter education major build their skills in a Sony Virtuoso–equipped ASL Lab — an elite resource and the only lab of its kind in this part of the country.

• Healthcare Professional: You already know that MAC’s nursing program has produced many of the state’s top RNs. The College’s surgical technology program, ranked nationally in the top 10 and the only ranked Pennsylvania college, prepares students in a state-of-the-art operating room suite. The medical imaging program prepares radiographers and ultrasonographers with exceptional technical skill driven by a strong, compassionate patient-centered focus on this exciting career.

MAC’s Residence Life Rocks

More and more MAC students live on campus. Dorm life at MAC is full, fun, accommodating and safe. Weekends truly rock at Mount Aloysius College.

College Sports

Mounties varsity sports teams compete in the NCAA Division III in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference. The 14 athletic programs include women’s basketball, bowling, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball. MAC men compete in baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer and tennis.

Never a Dull Moment

Lights, camera, action, music, theater, community interaction, student clubs and organizations galore! MAC’s Student Government Association, academic clubs, Campus Ministry, student newspaper and lots of special interest clubs make MAC life stimulating, fun and meaningful. Engage at MAC!

Don’t Wait

Now is the time to apply to become a future Mountie. Take the first step by visiting mtaloy.edu or call toll-free 1-888-823-2220. Schedule your personal campus visit today.

Remember

The Horizon Is Only Your Starting Line!

bottom of page