SJC Long Island: Your First Step to a More Successful Future
Deciding which college to attend is one of the most important and defining moments of your life — and the first step toward your future. Make the most of it with a college that gives you the experience you want today while preparing you for professional success tomorrow: St. Joseph’s College.
For more than 100 years, the College has combined its long-standing tradition of value-centered academic excellence with innovative programming and a vibrant campus life.
No wonder SJC Long Island is attracting — and keeping — more students than ever:
• New undergraduate enrollment has increased 27 percent in the last year alone.
• SJC Long Island has the highest graduation rate of any public or private institution on Long Island, as well as one of the lowest private college tuition rates on Long Island and in the tri-state area.
• The College is ranked #7 in the Northeast as a “Best Bang for the Buck” college by Washington Monthly, the highest-ranking New York institution on this year's list.
New Innovative Programs Give You the Competitive Edge
Respected for its outstanding child study and secondary education programs, SJC continuously introduces new areas of study to meet industry demands, such as:
• Hospitality and Tourism Management, which leverages the region’s booming hospitality and tourism industry with three distinct areas of concentration — tourism, hotel management and health care hospitality.
• Nursing, that provides amazing opportunities in the burgeoning health care field. Many health care institutions now require registered nurses to hold a bachelor’s degree and SJC is among the leaders in providing this opportunity.
• A major and minor in Journalism and New Media Studies, where you will learn to create text, audio and video for traditional and digital media environments.
• Accounting, where you will prepare to enter one of the most promising fields with the knowledge and skills required of today’s accountants.
• Accelerated dual degrees that now include a BS/MBA in Human Resources and BS in Human Resources/MS in Management with a concentration in human resources management.
An Education That’s Personal and Experiential
At SJC Long Island, you’ll earn your degree in small, engaging classes. With more than 200 faculty members, the College’s student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1, ensuring you receive individual attention in an open, supportive atmosphere.
Outside the classroom, SJC Long Island facilitates internship opportunities that introduce you to the workforce and provide the hands-on, real-world experience you need to succeed. SJC students have interned in politicians’ offices, at top companies such as Major League Baseball, Brooklyn Navy Yard, Viacom/MTV and at leading accounting firms, including Grant Thornton LLP.
You also have the opportunity to explore the world with study-abroad opportunities and personally enriching service projects, including alternative spring break programs around the globe from the storm-damaged Jersey Shore to Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
Around campus, you’ll find a full slate of student clubs, campus organizations and athletics. SJC’s NCAA Division III teams — which have won the Skyline Conference Presidents Cup six times — practice and compete at the College’s state-of-the-art outdoor athletic complex. SJC Long Island will further add to its rich campus life when it opens a new residence hall, anticipated in fall 2018.
Discover Your Future at SJC Long Island
Make the most of your college experience at SJC Long Island, where you’ll get an award-winning education at an affordable price. To find out how, attend an upcoming Undergraduate Preview Day. Explore the campus while discovering the benefits of a St. Joseph’s College education. Learn more about the admissions process, receive financial aid guidance and hear about SJC student life and activities.
RSVP now at sjcny.edu/lipreview or call (877) 381-5636.