Arcadia University’s pioneering, global, integrated, liberal arts, and professional learning experience cultivates leaders who are intellectually fearless and uniquely prepared for life and work. The University’s highly regarded, values-based learning community reflects the world in which we want to live.
• Adaptability: Arcadia prepares community members with the nimbleness both to address the multifaceted challenges of civic life and to pursue new strategies in a dynamic world.
• Excellence: Arcadia challenges itself to perform at and provide high standards in education, experience, and opportunity. Academic excellence is evidenced in the rigor and vigor of its programs and also in the qualities of its alumni.
• Fearlessness: The University facilitates a boundless learning environment across disciplines that integrate diverse perspectives into new knowledge and novel solutions to complex problems.
• Integrity: The University is honest and ethical in its actions, individually and collectively as an institution. Integrative experiences, grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, cultivate intellectual and social responsibility.
• Intellectual Freedom: Arcadia encourages freedom of thought and expression irrespective of ideological perspectives throughout its community of learners.
• Justice: Arcadia brings individual and collective resources to bear to seek positive transformation in our community and the world and is always on guard against injustice and its causes.
• Respect: Embracing diversity creates a rich and welcoming atmosphere where the difference in culture, perspective, and belief enriches academic discourse and campus life and creates a sense of belonging for all community members.
• Responsibility: Arcadia has committed stewards and will ensure that decisions are made in accordance with institutional mission, goals, and guidelines.