Explore Catholic University of America
The Catholic University of America is a national research university with 12 schools, over 120 academic programs, and 22 research facilities on a 176-acre residential campus three miles from Capitol Hill. Inspired by its rich intellectual tradition, the University currently welcomes more than 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students from around the globe to study with world-class faculty. Many first-time visitors to campus are pleased to discover the University’s 176 tree-lined acres in the surrounding urban environment. Students at Catholic University have the best of both worlds: They study and live on a green, comfortable campus, nestled in the pulsing heart of the nation’s capital. With a Metrorail station adjacent to campus, students are only a short train ride away from Capitol Hill, the Library of Congress, and other landmarks. Research You could discover top-notch research facilities, supervised by faculty in the forefront of their fields. The University’s record of academic excellence is widely recognized by scholars. Scientific research now taking place in its labs may lead to a cure for cancer or equivalent medical breakthrough. Academics Discover Catholic University’s 10 academic schools that grant undergraduate degrees, with more than 75 bachelor’s degree programs. Small class sizes mean increased opportunities for individual attention. Find out how deeply you can delve into your major interests while rooting your studies in the enduring liberal arts. All undergraduates participate in the First-Year Experience (FYE). You’ll go beyond the classroom with service learning activities, class-based excursions into Washington, D.C., and an annual Speaker Series. The Undergraduate Advising Center provides dynamic advising resources for all students. The Center for Academic Success offers a wide range of services designed to help students of all abilities. Additional information on undergraduate majors can be found online at cua.edu/undergraduateprograms. D.C. Location Washington, D.C., is one of the nation’s largest college towns, with colleges and universities throughout the region. The University participates in the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area, so students have access to courses at other universities nearby, including American, Georgetown, George Washington, Howard, and the University of Maryland College Park. You’ll discover Washington, D.C., as a classroom! America’s capital city offers an abundant array of educational, cultural, social, political, and professional opportunities that make it a truly unique laboratory for learning. Life Outside of the Classroom You might discover the exciting campus life outside classrooms: The University fields 25 varsity intercollegiate teams and offers a full array of recreational club sports, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center. More than 100 clubs mean there is always a way for students to explore their interests. Internships There are more than 2,000 internship opportunities for students to discover. On average, 67 percent of internships are paid, while the other 33 percent are done for class credit during the semester or summer. Students have had the advantage of internships with the FBI, Congress, JP Morgan, and Community Family Life Services, to name just a few of the exciting possibilities. The Office of Career Services works with students throughout the job/internship process to connect them to alumni throughout the country and around the world. Catholic University students studying abroad in Brussels, Dublin, and London also have opportunities to intern with the European Union, Irish Parliament, and British Parliament, respectively. Education Abroad At Catholic University, you’ll discover the perfect Education Abroad program. With opportunities in more than 50 cities worldwide, students of any major can spend a summer, a semester, or a year immersed in a new culture. Catholic University’s Rome Center offers semester-long programs, short courses, and summer programs in the Eternal City. Financial Aid In terms of cost, Catholic University compares very favorably with other private, national research institutions, though the value of an education at The Catholic University of America is incomparable. The University offers need-based aid, scholarships, federal work-study, and other forms of financial assistance. See for Yourself Visit The Catholic University of America and discover what it holds for you! Prospective students and their families are invited to visit campus, meet admissions staff and current students, and learn about the many opportunities the University offers. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit catholic.edu/admission/undergraduate/index.html.