top of page

Explore Your Future at Coastal Carolina University

Coastal Carolina University  |  College Fair Guide

Coastal Carolina University is one of the fastest-growing universities in the South. Located in Conway, South Carolina, nine miles from Myrtle Beach, CCU offers 73 undergraduate degrees, 22 master’s degrees, two educational specialist degrees and two Ph.D. programs. With enrollment of approximately 10,600 and a walkable campus, students at CCU enjoy small classes, an engaged faculty, and outstanding research and experiential learning opportunities, all while living near a vacation destination.

Students at Coastal Carolina University (CCU) experience the academic and research opportunities of a larger university, while enjoying one-to-one interaction with nationally recognized faculty. Despite dynamic growth, CCU has maintained a 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Classes are small enough for professors to get to know each student, foster success academically and prepare students for life after graduation. Innovative research and internship opportunities prepare students to enter the workforce and meet their career goals with real-world experience that stands out to employers and graduate schools. CCU students participate in experiential learning on campus, in the local community, across the country and around the world.

Get Involved

Living in campus housing is part of the foundation of student success. Students who live on campus have higher GPAs and are more involved in campus activities. CCU can house approximately 4,600 students in 13 residential communities with a variety of floor plans, ranging from traditional suites to apartment-style living.

The most successful students are involved with the campus community. CCU has more than 160 clubs and organizations, including those for academics, culture and the arts, community service, and intramural sports. As a member of the Sun Belt conference, students have the opportunity to cheer for Coastal Carolina’s student-athletes on 19 NCAA Division I athletic teams, including the 2016 College World Series baseball champions.

Best Value

A Coastal Carolina University education is valuable. U.S. News & World Report has ranked CCU second among all schools in the South in the Best Value category. Coastal Carolina has been recognized as one of America’s Best College Buys for the past seven years, as determined by the independent consulting firm Institutional Research & Evaluation Inc.

Students can earn an undergraduate degree in three years in the Degree in Three program, and they have the option to add a master’s degree in the Get More in Four program. These accelerated degree programs reduce the amount of time it takes for a student to earn a degree compared to traditional college programs.

Coastal Carolina University helps students build the foundation for success. CCU academics feature nationally recognized programs and students move into successful jobs and graduate school placements. U.S. News & World Report recognized Coastal Carolina’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program for 100 percent placement of graduates within three months of graduation.

Express Yourself

Nearly half of CCU’s students come from outside South Carolina, and 2 percent of the student body is international. After South Carolina, the top states for CCU students are: New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Students can learn and grow academically and socially as part of a vibrant university community. The Office of Student Life offers programming and activities for students, no matter what their interests are, through departments like Intercultural and Inclusion Student Services, student media, fraternities and sororities, leadership and civic engagement, and more. If there isn’t a club or organization for you on campus already when you get here, Coastal gives you the freedom to start your own!

Coastal Carolina’s campus is small enough that you never go anywhere on campus without running into a friend. CCU offers the academic and social opportunities of a large university with the comfortable feel of a home away from home.

Discover CCU

The best way to experience Coastal Carolina University is to visit for a student-led campus tour. At every visit, students meet with admissions counselors to answer any questions about the admissions and enrollment process. Tours are offered to meet a variety of schedules; daily tours year-round Monday through Friday (except on holidays), weekend tours on select Saturdays during the fall and spring semesters and Discovery Days, CCU’s most comprehensive visitor experience each fall and spring. To reserve your campus visit online, go to coastal.edu/visit.

To learn more about Coastal Carolina University contact by e-mail at admissions@coastal.edu or call 1-800-277-7000.

Coastal Carolina University hopes to meet you and your family soon on a campus tour. If you can’t travel to campus right now, explore CCU virtually at coastal.edu/virtual_tour.

bottom of page